manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PostgresSQL and DB Superuser
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2017 21:22:20 GMT
Hi David,

If you are running in multiprocess mode, database initialization is a
separate step.  Once the database initialization step has been done, it's
no longer necessary for the "superuser" to have superuser powers.  However,
when you upgrade, you will need to remember to give that user back
superuser powers, or the upgrade will fail.

For single-process, though, it's a different story; the database
initialization/upgrade happens on every start.  So there's no way to get
around needing a superuser involved in that case.  You can maybe play with
reducing permissions so that that user has only read permissions; unless
there is an actual need for an upgrade step that might be sufficient.

Thanks,
Karl