manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about ManifoldCF 2.8
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2017 16:19:47 GMT
Please do the following:

(0) Shut down all ManifoldCF processes.
(1) Move poi*.jar from connector-common-lib to lib.
(2) Move dom4j*.jar from connector-common-lib to lib.
(3) Move commons-collections4*.jar from connector-common-lib to lib.
(4) Move xmlbeans*.java from connector-common-lib to lib.
(5) Move curvesapi*.jar from connector-common-lib to lib.
(6) Modify your options.env to include all of the jars you moved.
(7) Start up all ManifoldCF processes.
(8) If you still get stack traces, please send them to me.

Karl

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 12:12 PM, Beelz Ryuzaki <i93othman@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Karl,
>
> By 'other place', do you mean the \lib repository? If that so, then I have
> already tried it and it didn't work.
>
> Othman.
>
> On Thu, 31 Aug 2017 at 18:07, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Othman,
>>
>> I used the java dependency inspector to see what the issue is and it
>> turns out that poi-ooxml.jar does refer back to poi.jar in the class that
>> is failing.  So you will need to move poi-3.15.jar and
>> commons-collections4-1.4.jar to the other place as well.
>>
>> Let's hope that finally fixes this issue.
>>
>> I'm very unhappy about the quality of the POI project code; it is
>> definitely not using reasonable engineering practices, and I will be
>> opening a ticket with them.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Karl
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 11:57 AM, Beelz Ryuzaki <i93othman@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm using the file based example and all the changes you told me to do.
>>> I reproduced them in the file based example. I'll try to install zookeeper
>>> and use the zookeeper example. Will I need a configuration to do in order
>>> to run the zookeeper example ?
>>>
>>> Othman.

of poi.jar must

<

and another one :
error showing. This time, it
the stack trace.

<daddywri@gmail.com>

calls back into another
 *That* jar has yet another

include:

Ryuzaki <

trace. My apologies for the
my best to send you the stack trace as
outside the company.

Wright <daddywri@gmail.com>

to diagnose what the

AM, Beelz Ryuzaki <

the problem. I looked into the
error:

org/apache/poi/

?

Beelz Ryuzaki <

told me to do, and you expected the
about the regular expressions? How can I make complex
the job's paths tab ?

your help.

14:47, Beelz Ryuzaki <
wrote:

> [...]
right away and let you know if it

at 14:15, Karl Wright <
wrote:

> [...]
may need to edit your options.env files
in the classpath for startup.

2017 at 7:53 AM, Karl Wright <
wrote:

> [...]
amenable, there is another workaround you
 Specifically:

down all MCF processes.
the following two files from
to lib:

everything and see if your crawl resumes.

me know what happens.

31, 2017 at 7:33 AM, Karl Wright <
wrote:

> [...]
a ticket for this: CONNECTORS-1450.

workaround is to use the external Tika
transformer rather than the embedded Tika Extractor.  I'm still
into why the jar is not being found.

Aug 31, 2017 at 7:08 AM, Beelz Ryuzaki <
wrote:

> [...]
I'm actually using the latest binary version,
my job got stuck on that specific file.
job status is still Running. You can see it in
attached file. For your information, the job started yesterday.

Thu, 31 Aug 2017 at 13:04, Karl Wright <
wrote:

It looks like a dependency of Apache POI is missing.

I think we will need a ticket to address this, if

you are indeed using the binary distribution.

Thanks!

Karl

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 6:57 AM, Beelz Ryuzaki <

i93othman@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm actually using the binary version. For security

reasons, I can't send any files from my computer. I have copied the stack

trace and scanned it with my cellphone. I hope it will be helpful.

Meanwhile, I have read the documentation about how to restrict the crawling

and I don't think the '|' works in the specified. For instance, I would

like to restrict the crawling for the documents that counts the 'sound'

word . I proceed as follows: *(SON)* . the document is with capital letters

and I noticed that it didn't take it into consideration.

Thanks,

Othman

On Thu, 31 Aug 2017 at 12:40, Karl Wright <

daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Othman,

The way you restrict documents with the windows

share connector is by specifying information on the "Paths" tab in jobs

that crawl windows shares.  There is end-user documentation both online and

distributed with all binary distributions that describe how to do this.

Have you found it?

Karl

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 5:25 AM, Beelz Ryuzaki <

i93othman@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Karl,

Thank you for your response, I will start using

zookeeper and I will let you know if it works. I have another question to

ask. Actually, I need to make some filters while crawling. I don't want to

crawl some files and some folders. Could you give me an example of how to

use the regex. Does the regex allow to use /i to ignore cases ?

Thanks,

Othman

On Wed, 30 Aug 2017 at 19:53, Karl Wright <

daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Beelz,

File-based sync is deprecated because people

often have problems with getting file permissions right, and they do not

understand how to shut processes down cleanly, and zookeeper is resilient

against that.  I highly recommend using zookeeper sync.

ManifoldCF is engineered to not put files into

memory so you do not need huge amounts of memory.  The default values are

more than enough for 35,000 files, which is a pretty small job for

ManifoldCF.

Thanks,

Karl

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 11:58 AM, Beelz Ryuzaki

<i93othman@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm actually not using zookeeper. i want to

know how is zookeeper different from file based sync? I also need a

guidance on how to manage my pc's memory. How many Go should I allocate for

the start-agent of ManifoldCF? Is 4Go enough in order to crawler 35K files ?

Othman.

On Wed, 30 Aug 2017 at 16:11, Karl Wright <

daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:

Your disk is not writable for some reason, and

that's interfering with ManifoldCF 2.8 locking.

I would suggest two things:

(1) Use Zookeeper for sync instead of

file-based sync.

(2) Have a look if you still get failures

after that.

Thanks,

Karl

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 9:37 AM, Beelz Ryuzaki

<i93othman@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Mr Karl,

Thank you Mr Karl for your quick response. I

have looked into the ManifoldCF log file and extracted the following

warnings :

- Attempt to set file lock

'D:\xxxx\apache_manifoldcf-2.

8\multiprocess-file-example\.\.\synch

area\569\352\lock-_POOLTARGET_OUTPUTCONNECTORPOOL_ES

(Lowercase) Synapses.lock' failed : Access is denied.

- Couldn't write to lock file; disk may be

full. Shutting down process; locks may be left dangling. You must cleanup

before restarting.

ES (lowercase) synapses being the

elasticsearch output connection. Moreover, the job uses Tika to extract

metadata and a file system as a repository connection. During the job, I

don't extract the content of the documents. I was wandering if the issue

comes from elasticsearch ?

Othman.

On Wed, 30 Aug 2017 at 14:08, Karl Wright <

daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Othman,

ManifoldCF aborts a job if there's an error

that looks like it might go away on retry, but does not.  It can be either

on the repository side or on the output side.  If you look at the Simple

History in the UI, or at the manifoldcf.log file, you should be able to get

a better sense of what went wrong.  Without further information, I can't

say any more.

Thanks,

Karl

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 5:33 AM, Beelz

Ryuzaki <i93othman@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I'm Othman Belhaj, a software engineer from

société générale in France. I'm actually using your recent version of

manifoldCF 2.8 . I'm working on an internal search engine. For this reason,

I'm using manifoldcf in order to index documents on windows shares. I

encountered a serious problem while crawling 35K documents. Most of the

time, when manifoldcf start crawling a big sized documents (19Mo for

example), it ends the job with the following error: repeated service

interruptions - failure processing document : software caused connection

abort: socket write error.

Can you give me some tips on how to solve

this problem, please ?

I use PostgreSQL 9.3.x and elasticsearch

2.1.0 .

I'm looking forward for your response.

Best regards,

Othman BELHAJ