manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Beelz Ryuzaki <i93oth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about ManifoldCF 2.8
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2017 15:39:31 GMT
All the dependencies you mentioned have already been added in the
options.env.win file in the multiprocess-file-example repository.

On Thu, 31 Aug 2017 at 17:33, Beelz Ryuzaki <i93othman@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I added it in the options.env.win file. Should it be the one in the
> multiprocess-zk-example document or multiprocess-file-example ?
>
> On Thu, 31 Aug 2017 at 17:30, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It's not related at all to elasticsearch.
>> Karl
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 11:26 AM, Beelz Ryuzaki <i93othman@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Could it be a problem of elasticsearch's version ? I'm actually using
>>> 2.1.0 which is pretty old for this new version of ManifoldCF?
>>>
>>> Othman.

This time, it

you expected the
How can I make complex
?

<

you know if it works.

<daddywri@gmail.com>

your options.env files to
startup.

Karl Wright <

another workaround you could

from connector-common-lib

if your crawl resumes.

AM, Karl Wright <

CONNECTORS-1450.

to use the external Tika server
embedded Tika Extractor.  I'm still looking
found.

AM, Beelz Ryuzaki <

the latest binary version, and my
specific file.
Running. You can see it in the
information, the job started yesterday.

13:04, Karl Wright <
wrote:

> [...]
of Apache POI is missing.
a ticket to address this, if you are
binary distribution.

at 6:57 AM, Beelz Ryuzaki <
wrote:

> [...]
using the binary version. For security
send any files from my computer. I have copied the stack
it with my cellphone. I hope it will be helpful.
have read the documentation about how to restrict the crawling
the '|' works in the specified. For instance, I would
the crawling for the documents that counts the 'sound'
as follows: *(SON)* . the document is with capital letters
that it didn't take it into consideration.

2017 at 12:40, Karl Wright <
wrote:

> [...]
restrict documents with the windows share
is by specifying information on the "Paths" tab in jobs that
shares.  There is end-user documentation both online and
with all binary distributions that describe how to do this.
found it?

31, 2017 at 5:25 AM, Beelz Ryuzaki <
wrote:

> [...]
Karl,

you for your response, I will start using
and I will let you know if it works. I have another question to
Actually, I need to make some filters while crawling. I don't want to
some files and some folders. Could you give me an example of how to
regex. Does the regex allow to use /i to ignore cases ?

30 Aug 2017 at 19:53, Karl Wright <
wrote:

> [...]
Beelz,

sync is deprecated because people often
problems with getting file permissions right, and they do not
how to shut processes down cleanly, and zookeeper is resilient
that.  I highly recommend using zookeeper sync.

is engineered to not put files into memory
you do not need huge amounts of memory.  The default values are more
enough for 35,000 files, which is a pretty small job for ManifoldCF.

Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 11:58 AM, Beelz Ryuzaki <
wrote:

I'm actually not using zookeeper. i want to know how

is zookeeper different from file based sync? I also need a guidance on how

to manage my pc's memory. How many Go should I allocate for the start-agent

of ManifoldCF? Is 4Go enough in order to crawler 35K files ?

Othman.

On Wed, 30 Aug 2017 at 16:11, Karl Wright <

daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:

Your disk is not writable for some reason, and

that's interfering with ManifoldCF 2.8 locking.

I would suggest two things:

(1) Use Zookeeper for sync instead of file-based

sync.

(2) Have a look if you still get failures after

that.

Thanks,

Karl

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 9:37 AM, Beelz Ryuzaki <

i93othman@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Mr Karl,

Thank you Mr Karl for your quick response. I have

looked into the ManifoldCF log file and extracted the following warnings :

- Attempt to set file lock

'D:\xxxx\apache_manifoldcf-2.8\multiprocess-file-example\.\.\synch

area\569\352\lock-_POOLTARGET_OUTPUTCONNECTORPOOL_ES (Lowercase)

Synapses.lock' failed : Access is denied.

- Couldn't write to lock file; disk may be full.

Shutting down process; locks may be left dangling. You must cleanup before

restarting.

ES (lowercase) synapses being the elasticsearch

output connection. Moreover, the job uses Tika to extract metadata and a

file system as a repository connection. During the job, I don't extract the

content of the documents. I was wandering if the issue comes from

elasticsearch ?

Othman.

On Wed, 30 Aug 2017 at 14:08, Karl Wright <

daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Othman,

ManifoldCF aborts a job if there's an error that

looks like it might go away on retry, but does not.  It can be either on

the repository side or on the output side.  If you look at the Simple

History in the UI, or at the manifoldcf.log file, you should be able to get

a better sense of what went wrong.  Without further information, I can't

say any more.

Thanks,

Karl

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 5:33 AM, Beelz Ryuzaki <

i93othman@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I'm Othman Belhaj, a software engineer from

société générale in France. I'm actually using your recent version of

manifoldCF 2.8 . I'm working on an internal search engine. For this reason,

I'm using manifoldcf in order to index documents on windows shares. I

encountered a serious problem while crawling 35K documents. Most of the

time, when manifoldcf start crawling a big sized documents (19Mo for

example), it ends the job with the following error: repeated service

interruptions - failure processing document : software caused connection

abort: socket write error.

Can you give me some tips on how to solve this

problem, please ?

I use PostgreSQL 9.3.x and elasticsearch 2.1.0 .

I'm looking forward for your response.

Best regards,

Othman BELHAJ