manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sharepoint Repository Connector: Metadata Changes not causing re-index library or list items
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2017 11:54:18 GMT
Hi Markus,

We obviously can't put all of the metadata for a document into the version
string for it.  We therefore use the Modified field is used as a proxy for
changes to the document and the rest of its metadata.  As far as I know, it
is typically the case in SharePoint that when you change a metadata item,
the document's Modified field is updated accordingly.  But perhaps that is
not true for custom fields?

If you can discover a rule of some kind which would allow us to determine
which attributes, when changed, would *not* affect the modified date, then
we can add appropriate information to the version string for the document
that would make MCF robust against those kinds of changes.  But this will
require more research on your part.  Please let me know what you discover.
I'm open to adding a list of metadata names/values to be included in the
version string if that is needed, but that's a lot of work for an already
quite complex connector; it would be great if we could simply say something
like "all attributes beginning with xxx do not affect the modified date
when they are changed".

Thanks!
Karl