manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Standen Guy <Guy.Stan...@uk.fujitsu.com>
Subject ManifoldCF WebApps and Agents log4j logging
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2017 18:06:29 GMT
Hi All,
                I wonder if anyone has any experience with getting logging to roll the MCF
log file when both Agents and WebApps are running together.
I'm running MCF 2.6 on Windows.
I set up logging.ini to log to a rolling file appender with a maximum file size and maximum
number of retained files configured as shown:

"log4j.appender.MAIN.File=logs/manifoldcf.log
log4j.rootLogger=WARN, MAIN
log4j.appender.MAIN=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.MAIN.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.MAIN.layout.ConversionPattern=%5p %d{ISO8601} (%t) - %m%n
log4j.appender.MAIN.MaxBackupIndex=5
log4j.appender.MAIN.MaxFileSize=100KB"

If I run JUST the Agents process then logging runs exactly as I expected (multiple files get
created and rolled as expected)

If I Run the MCF WebApps process as well, then the file size limit and number of backup files
is ignored. I end up with one large log file that does not split or roll.

It looks like the WebApps  is using some fixed configuration for the log4J  properties  that
is overriding the  ones in  logging.ini. and affecting how MCF Agents logs as well

Does anyone know how to get the logging for both WebApps and Agents to roll, or how to separate
the WebApps and Agents log files so that Agents can have a rolling logger?

Any advice appreciated.

Guy

Unless otherwise stated, this email has been sent from Fujitsu Services Limited (registered
in England No 96056); Fujitsu EMEA PLC (registered in England No 2216100) both with registered
offices at: 22 Baker Street, London W1U 3BW;  PFU (EMEA) Limited, (registered in England No
1578652) and Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe Limited (registered in England No. 4153469) both
with registered offices at: Hayes Park Central, Hayes End Road, Hayes, Middlesex, UB4 8FE.

This email is only for the use of its intended recipient. Its contents are subject to a duty
of confidence and may be privileged. Fujitsu does not guarantee that this email has not been
intercepted and amended or that it is virus-free.