manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Wilhelm Eger <wilhelm.e...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Additional information from external database
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2017 12:29:48 GMT
Hi Karl,

Thanks a lot for your help.

My Datafari setup uses a file system crawler to crawl files (repository
connector -> job), from which text is extracted via the tika plugin. This is
then sent to SolR via the SolR output connector.

I am already using a transformation connector to add a field based on the name
of the job (using the file system repository connector) to distinguish the
origin of the indexed file later.

Actually, I ended up at the same solution you presented me (but I did not
mention it beforehand to spoil the answers): writing my own transformation
connector to retrieve the information from the database. The connector should:

- know the file name
- compile a SQL statement from the file name
- send this SQL statement to the database
- retrieve the file number
- add it to a certain field

I do know little to nothing about java, but I am able to teach myself if
necessary. Is there any starting point to begin with developing my on
transformation connector?

Thanks in advance,

Wilhelm