manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From <ashutosh....@wipro.com>
Subject RE: SharePoint Connector: "Root site is unreachable"
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2016 02:36:26 GMT
Hi Jeff,

Based on my experience with the Sharepoint connector in MCF 2.4, this error may indicate that
the user id you are using to connect to Sharepoint, only has read privilege on the site.

I think you can crawl sharepoint sites without installing the mcf plugin, provided the sharepoint
user id you are using has contributor permissions at a minimum.

Also, in the above case, you need to set up the repo connection as sharepoint 2003/2004 not
higher.

At least that's the configuration that worked for us without installing the MCF plugin.

Hope this helps.
-Ashutosh

From: Karl Wright<mailto:daddywri@gmail.com>
Sent: 04 November 2016 00:28
To: user@manifoldcf.apache.org<mailto:user@manifoldcf.apache.org>
Subject: Re: SharePoint Connector: "Root site is unreachable"

** This mail has been sent from an external source **

Hi Jeff,

The meaning of that error message is that the data coming back from SharePoint when MCF inquires
as to the subsites, child libraries, etc. is not valid XML.  It is not clear precisely what
is wrong.

I think the best way forward is to turn on wire httpcomponents/httpclient wire debugging in
logging.ini, and see what is going back and forth.  It should be obvious pretty quickly what
is wrong.  FWIW, in a properly deployed SharePoint system, you should see a _vti_bin directory
with a bunch of .asmx files in there for each SharePoint site or subsite.  That is, there
should be: http://somedomain.com/SomeSite/<http://somedomain.com/SomeSite/_layouts/viewlsts.aspx>_vti_bin/lists.asmx,
etc.  The asmx files I would expect are:

Permissions.asmx
MCPermissions.asmx
usergroup.asmx
dspsts.asmx
lists.asmx
versions.asmx
webs.asmx

It is possible that you are missing some of these because of how you installed sharepoint
(and because of what you enabled).  Or, you didn't install the MCF SharePoint plugin that
is appropriate for your SharePoint version (which supplies MCPermissions.asmx).  Any missing
files will *also* cause the kind of problem you are seeing.

Thanks,
Karl

On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 8:01 PM, Jeff Potts <jeffpotts01@gmail.com<mailto:jeffpotts01@gmail.com>>