manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need to index documentum metadata
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2016 06:57:18 GMT
Hi Tamizh,

I know of a number of people who are indexing documents and metadata from
documentum. I also know of many people who are indexing documents and
metadata into Solr.  So I know this works.  But there are a lot of places
you will need to configure correctly for this to work the way you expect.

For a start, I would verify that Solr is getting sent the information you
expect. Please have a look at the Solr logs, specifically the INFO
statements that describe the posted URLs that come from ManifoldCF.  There
should be one for each document that gets sent.  These URLs contain a lot
of "parameter=value" fields.  Please check that they contain the metadata
you want to index.

If the Solr logs have the metadata but Solr isn't indexing it, then you
will need to look at your Solr configuration, specifically your solr
schema.  If the Solr logs don't have the metadata, then let us know and
we'll have to look at your Documentum job specification.

Thanks,
Karl