manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SharePoint Connector: "Root site is unreachable"
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2016 23:17:35 GMT
Hi Jeff,

SharePoint's site model is as follows:

-- there is a root site, usually with the URL http://somedomain.com
-- there are "virtual" sites, which are also full-fledge sites, usually
with the URL http://somedomain.com/site/site_name
-- there are subsites of the root site, usually with URLs like
http://somedomain.com/subsiteX
-- there are subsites of virtual sites, usually with URLs like
http://somedomain.com/site/site_name/subsiteY

Your MCF sharepoint connections should not point to subsites; they should
only point to the root site or a single virtual site.  There is no way to
deal with crawling multiple virtual sites with the same connection, which
is what the documentation is trying to say.

I hope this helps.

Karl