manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SharePoint Connector: "Root site is unreachable"
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2016 00:17:44 GMT
Hi Jeff,

The meaning of that error message is that the data coming back from
SharePoint when MCF inquires as to the subsites, child libraries, etc. is
not valid XML.  It is not clear precisely what is wrong.

I think the best way forward is to turn on wire httpcomponents/httpclient
wire debugging in logging.ini, and see what is going back and forth.  It
should be obvious pretty quickly what is wrong.  FWIW, in a properly
deployed SharePoint system, you should see a _vti_bin directory with a
bunch of .asmx files in there for each SharePoint site or subsite.  That
is, there should be: http://somedomain.com/SomeSite/
<http://somedomain.com/SomeSite/_layouts/viewlsts.aspx>_vti_bin/lists.asmx,
etc.  The asmx files I would expect are:

Permissions.asmx
MCPermissions.asmx
usergroup.asmx
dspsts.asmx
lists.asmx
versions.asmx
webs.asmx

It is possible that you are missing some of these because of how you
installed sharepoint (and because of what you enabled).  Or, you didn't
install the MCF SharePoint plugin that is appropriate for your SharePoint
version (which supplies MCPermissions.asmx).  Any missing files will *also*
cause the kind of problem you are seeing.

Thanks,
Karl