manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need to index documentum metadata
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2016 11:22:54 GMT
Hi Tamizh,

The code which fetches attribute values uses straight access to object
attributes via the DFC IDfPersistentObject API.

Here's the actual code.  "object" is an object of type IDfPersistentObject.

      int valueCount = object.getValueCount(attribute);
      String[] values = new String[valueCount];
      int y = 0;
      while (y < valueCount)
      {
        // Fetch the attribute.
        // It's supposed to work for all attribute types...
        String value = object.getRepeatingString(attribute,y);
        values[y++] = value;
      }
      return values;
<<<<<<

Is there any chance that your version of DFC is not compatible with the
version of Documentum you are trying to crawl?

Karl

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 6:13 AM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Tamizh,
>
> I do not have a documentum instance here.  All I can do is help you debug
> what is happening.
>
> The code which puts the metadata into the RepositoryDocument object is
> this:
>

>           rval = new RepositoryDocument();
>
>           if (contentType != null)
>             rval.setMimeType(contentType);
>
>           List<String> attributeDescriptions = sDesc.getMetadataFields(
> typeName);
>           if (attributeDescriptions != null)
>           {
>             for (String attrName : attributeDescriptions)
>             {
>               // Fetch the attributes from the object
>               String[] values = object.getAttributeValues(attrName);
>               // Add the attribute to the rd
>               rval.addField(attrName,values);
>             }
>           }
> <<<<<<
>
> There's unfortunately no log output here that would help us see whether or
> not the attributeDescriptions variable gets set with the proper list of
> attributes, but since you see it display correctly in the UI I bet that is
> fine.  I will have to look at what object.getAttributeValues() does in the
> server process to see what DSQL query it runs.  Stay tuned.
>
> Karl
>

> On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 5:58 AM, Tamizh Kumaran Thamizharasan <
> tamizh06111992@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Karl,
>>
>> I can see the metadata under view page.
>> Even after selecting all metadata check box, I am facing the same issue.
>>
>> Can you please share me steps to index documents from documentum?
>> So that I can cross check the same.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tamizh
>>
>> On Nov 17, 2016 4:20 PM, "Karl Wright" <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Tamizh,
>>>
>>> Can you view the job and make sure when you do that the metadata fields
>>> you have selected shows up on the view page?  The UI for this is a bit
>>> tricky and I have seen users not use it properly before.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Karl

There