manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Potts <jeffpott...@gmail.com>
Subject SharePoint Connector: "Root site is unreachable"
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2016 22:58:55 GMT
I am using apache-manifoldcf-2.5. I am trying to get the SharePoint
Connector to work against SharePoint 2003.

My SharePoint site URLs are like:
http://somedomain.com/SomeSite/_layouts/viewlsts.aspx
http://somedomain.com/SomeOtherSite/_layouts/viewlsts.aspx
http://somedomain.com/YetAnotherSite/_layouts/viewlsts.aspx

I have set up a Connector with:

Server protocol: http
Server name: somedomain.com
Server port: 80
Site path: /SomeSite

The connection status says, "Connection working".

However, when I go to set up a job, and I click the "Paths" tab, I see the
message, "Root site is unreachable, or user has no permissions".

I know I have permissions to that site because I can read/write to its
document library through the web interface. So I feel like I may be missing
something regarding the correct value for site path.

The docs say, "...type in the portion of the root site URL that includes
everything after the server and port, except for the final "aspx" file,"
which is why I am using "/SomeSite" as the site path.

But another snippet from the docs says this:

"The SharePoint connection type is designed so that one SharePoint
repository connection can access all SharePoint sites from a specific root
site though its explicit subsites. It is the case that it is desirable in
some very large SharePoint installations to access *all* SharePoint sites
using a single connection. But the ManifoldCF SharePoint connection type
does not support that model as of yet."

That confused me because it isn't clear if I should be specifying some sort
of root site (which I have no idea how to determine the path for) or if
creating one connection for each site should work.

Jeff