manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From <ashutosh....@wipro.com>
Subject RE: Ability to get the job id inside a connector
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2016 13:09:56 GMT
Hi Karl,

Thanks for clarifying this. From your email its quite clear that trying to do this will be
a bad idea.

My requirement is to be able to associate every file crawled with a corresponding run id.
For example, if a job copies 100 files from sharepoint repository to a shared directory, I
should be able to recognize the 100 files in comparison to another job that copied another
50 files from the same source and target.

Do you have any recommendations on how we could achieve that?

Regards,
-Ashutosh

From: Karl Wright<mailto:daddywri@gmail.com>
Sent: 16 June 2016 13:35
To: user@manifoldcf.apache.org<mailto:user@manifoldcf.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Ability to get the job id inside a connector

** This mail has been sent from an external source **

Hi Ashutosh,

A connection instance is not just associated with one job -- these are pooled and are checked
out as needed by whatever code needs a connection instance.  It's not part of the general
contract of connection instances that they be associated with specific jobs.  The API structure
reflects this.

Access to a job's data for the purposes of modifying how a connector behaves is also a great
way to build a connector that will not work properly.  I highly discourage this.

There is access to job information that is appropriate for a connector to see, but it comes
in via the I*Activity interface instances that are passed to specific methods implemented
by the connector.  These do not include access to the job ID, however.

Thanks,
Karl

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 8:26 AM, <ashutosh.rai@wipro.com<mailto:ashutosh.rai@wipro.com>>