manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ability to get the job id inside a connector
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2016 12:35:38 GMT
Hi Ashutosh,

A connection instance is not just associated with one job -- these are
pooled and are checked out as needed by whatever code needs a connection
instance.  It's not part of the general contract of connection instances
that they be associated with specific jobs.  The API structure reflects
this.

Access to a job's data for the purposes of modifying how a connector
behaves is also a great way to build a connector that will not work
properly.  I highly discourage this.

There is access to job information that is appropriate for a connector to
see, but it comes in via the I*Activity interface instances that are passed
to specific methods implemented by the connector.  These do not include
access to the job ID, however.

Thanks,
Karl