manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From <ashutosh....@wipro.com>
Subject RE: Using a password authority to supply repository connector password
Date Thu, 12 May 2016 18:51:33 GMT
Hi Karl,

Thank you for your reply.

It would be great to have this as a supplemental functionality in future, and if and when
available, we would use it.

However, we need something near term and I am thinking of extending the connectors we want
to use to enable this. I.e., create a custom class extending the framework provided SharePoint
connector and override the necessary methods to plug the password obtained from the password
authority (currently I see that I need to override the connect method in the SharePoint repository
connector class for a quick and dirty implementation).

Please let me know if the approach makes sense. Would appreciate any suggestions to implement
it in a clean way.

When the feature becomes available as part of the framework, we will switch over to the framework
connector.

Regards
-Ashutosh Rai

From: Karl Wright<mailto:daddywri@gmail.com>
Sent: 12 May 2016 19:13
To: user@manifoldcf.apache.org<mailto:user@manifoldcf.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Using a password authority to supply repository connector password

Hi Ashutosh,

Access to the UI or API can currently be abstracted through an interface, but nobody has attempted
to do this for individual connector authentication.  There is no current infrastructure available
to support this either.  Indeed, supporting this functionality would require:

(1) changes to all the connection configuration UIs that would support this functionality
(2) infrastructure to allow a custom interface implementation to be invoked whenever connection
needs to occur for an authenticated connection
(3) a means of specifying (e.g. registering) the class name of the implementation to instantiate

This is, as you point out, not very easy to do, and will take a substantial amount of work
to address.  If you are willing to wait for some months we might be able to address it.

Karl

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 1:56 PM, <ashutosh.rai@wipro.com<mailto:ashutosh.rai@wipro.com>>