manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From <ashutosh....@wipro.com>
Subject RE: Correct way to provide static config data to a connector
Date Wed, 25 May 2016 17:14:48 GMT
Okay. Thanks Karl.

Will explore it and revert if I need any further clarification.

Regards
-Ashutosh Rai

From: Karl Wright<mailto:daddywri@gmail.com>
Sent: 25 May 2016 18:01
To: Ashutosh Rai (Securities)<mailto:ashutosh.rai@wipro.com>
Cc: user@manifoldcf.apache.org<mailto:user@manifoldcf.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Correct way to provide static config data to a connector

** This mail has been sent from an external source **

Hi Ashutosh,

I would then use global properties for this.

Karl

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 12:43 PM, <ashutosh.rai@wipro.com<mailto:ashutosh.rai@wipro.com>>
wrote:
Hi Karl,

Thanks for the reply.

The properties I am referring to are static across a cluster/within an environment.

The properties might be *connector* specific but will be common across all connection instances
- e.g. All sharepoint repository connectors share the same value for the property but all
documentum connectors will share a different value.

Would it be okay to use properties.xml or global-properties.xml for such cases as well?

Bundling the property file with the jar is not an option as the properties will change between
environments (e.g.: Dev instances will carry a different set from uat and uat will carry a
different set from prod).

Regards
-Ashutosh Rai