manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error: Bad list view url without site
Date Wed, 04 May 2016 07:32:14 GMT
Hi Phil,

The code is trying to extract the name of the list item from the URL here,
and failing to see what it expects.  Here's the code:

          // If it has no view url, we don't have any idea what to do with
it
          if (urlPath != null && urlPath.length() > 0)
          {
            // Normalize conditionally
            if (!urlPath.startsWith("/"))
              urlPath = prefixPath + urlPath;
            // Get rid of what we don't want, unconditionally
            if (urlPath.startsWith(prefixPath))
            {
              urlPath = urlPath.substring(prefixPath.length());
              // We're at the /Lists/listname part of the name.  Figure out
where the end of it is.
              int index = urlPath.indexOf("/");
              if (index == -1)
                throw new ManifoldCFException("Bad list view url without
site: '"+urlPath+"'");
              String pathpart = urlPath.substring(0,index);

              if("Lists".equals(pathpart))
              {
                int k = urlPath.indexOf("/",index+1);
                if (k == -1)
                  throw new ManifoldCFException("Bad list view url without
'Lists': '"+urlPath+"'");
                pathpart = urlPath.substring(index+1,k);
              }

              if ( pathpart.length() != 0 && !pathpart.equals("_catalogs"))
              {
                if (title == null || title.length() == 0)
                  title = pathpart;
                result.add( new NameValue(pathpart, title) );
              }
<<<<<<

Basically, the URL field is coming back containing just "default.aspx",
which does not have the expected prefix "/Lists/<listname>/..." on it, and
that is confusing the parser.

What version of SharePoint are you crawling?  Also, if you can turn on
connector debugging, I'd love to see the output of this debug statement:

          // Leave this in for the moment
          if (Logging.connectors.isDebugEnabled())
            Logging.connectors.debug("SharePoint: List: '"+urlPath+"',
'"+title+"'");
<<<<<<

Thanks,
Karl