manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Correct way to provide static config data to a connector
Date Wed, 25 May 2016 16:20:25 GMT
Hi Ashutosh,

We don't usually recommend configuring anything via files, because in a
multi-process cluster there's no guarantee that those files will be
present.  In addition, connection-specific configuration should generally
be done using the UI with the standard connector mechanisms provided, so
that we can track changes etc.

If you have a number of parameters that are *not* connection specific, you
can put these into properties.xml or global-properties.xml.  The latter is
cross-cluster-member, and the latter is specific to each cluster process
and is intended to be individual.

If you have other data that just hard-wired, then yes, you will probably do
best building it into your connector jar as a resource.

Karl