manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can the authority service be clustered to achieve failure tolerance?
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2016 14:59:06 GMT
Hi Markus,

If found this JVM Parameter in the start-agents.sh example:
  org.apache.manifoldcf.processid
Is that it?
<<<<<<

Yes.

Another question:
You say the authority services webapp is stateless. There is a max
connection parameter for authority connections. How will multiple instances
treat this parameter? Are the connections limited throughout the cluster or
will each instance respect the limit in its own context?
<<<<<<

Connection pools in a clustered environment are managed cluster-wide.  So
the number you give is the maximum number of connection instances across
the entire cluster for that connection.

Thanks,
Karl