manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Some Questions about Migration from ManifoldCF 1.x to 2.x
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2016 08:09:40 GMT
Hi Markus,

we plan to migrate from ManifoldCF 1.7.1 to ManifoldCF 2.3.

Is there a migration guide available?

There's no automatic upgrade here not simply because of schema changes but
because in many cases duplicate functionality was removed from various
connectors.  That means that your jobs and connections would, in most
cases, need to be recreated anyway.  Even export and import could not be
made automatic for this reason.

There was an extended period, however, when MCF 1.x and 2.x releases
occurred together, and had functional equivalence.  The most recent pair
was 1.10 + 2.2.  There is an *automatic* upgrade for 1.7->1.10.  I would
therefore suggest that you attempt upgrade to 1.10 before looking at the
issues of going from 1.x to 2.x.

We want to run ManifoldCF 2.3 on Java 8 in a Servlet-API 3.0 container
(Tomcat 7), which is - for now - predefined by our OPs.
Is this possible? Or is Servlet now API 3.1 required? (we notices that the
shipped standalone deployment now works with Jetty 9)
<<<<<<

The only reason for the servlet API upgrade was for Jetty 9 to work.  Java
8 should work fine.  I also expect Tomcat 7 to work fine, but the simple
way to test this would be to deploy the standalone combined war in a test
environment and see how it does.  That way you will know of any issues
before you take the plunge.

As for documentation -- it is a good point that we could use a migration
guide.  I'll create a ticket to write one.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Karl