manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From "Corey, Stephen" <COR...@ecu.edu>
Subject RE: ManifoldCF + Solr. No content field showing up in Solr
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2015 15:59:16 GMT
The default for that connector, which is '/update/extract'.

Stephen Corey
Technology Consultant
East Carolina University
252-737-2541
coreys@ecu.edu

From: Karl Wright [daddywri@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2015 8:40 AM
To: user@manifoldcf.apache.org
Subject: Re: ManifoldCF + Solr. No content field showing up in Solr

Hi Stephen,

Which update handler do you have your solr output connector configured to use?

Karl

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 8:37 AM, Corey, Stephen <COREYS@ecu.edu<mailto:COREYS@ecu.edu>>
wrote:
I'm using MCF 2.1, and Solr 5.3.1, running in cloud mode. I'm using the web connector in MCF
to crawl a website, and output using the Solr connector. Both applications are running on
the same (RHEL) machine. The crawling seems to run fine, and I get all the documents showing
up in Solr, except that the "content" field never gets added to Solr. I'm using the schemaless
mode in Solr, so it'll add any fields that MCF sends to it. I'm not sure what is going wrong
for me to not get the content field? I've added the field manually to Solr, and it still never
gets populated. I've also tried adding a Tika transformation connector, and specified "extract
everything" with the boilerplate setting, and still no luck.

I think I'm missing something very simple, but what is it?

Thanks, all