manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multi-process ManifoldCF with Zookeeper
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 06:24:27 GMT
Hi Dileepa,

When you have multiple agents, each agent takes on part of the load.  The
load is distributed largely via the database; each agent has some body of
threads which take tasks off the database queue and work on them.  When the
tasks are done, the agent takes more tasks.  Since tasks are not assigned
to specific agents in advance, no special allowance need be made to
distribute workload equally among agents; this happens automatically in
that slower agents simply wind up doing less.

Karl