manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Conlon <Adrian.Con...@arup.com>
Subject RE: availability of mcf core artifacts in maven central
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2015 14:20:02 GMT
I think in the light of what you’ve just said, this falls into a low priority category from
my pov.

Local maven repositories work pretty well, and I’d hate to see development get bogged down
in a rewrite of the build process.

Adrian

P.s.
As an aside, the existing Maven build configuration works well, and I used it to work with
ManifoldCF in IntelliJ

p.p.s.
I hear good things about Gradle as a modern (aren’t they all?) replacement to ant and/or
maven…

From: Karl Wright [mailto:daddywri@gmail.com]
Sent: 13 November 2015 09:36
To: user@manifoldcf.apache.org
Subject: Re: availability of mcf core artifacts in maven central

There have been attempts to push to Maven in the past but this turns out to not be trivial,
because it seemingly requires a fundamental change to MCF's Maven build processes.  We've
had no luck with it, at any rate; our attempts to push always fail for mysterious reasons.
 The only guaranteed way to do it is to adopt the Apache maven build template, which requires
a rewrite of all of our poms and does not support our directory hierarchy.

Anyone who has had experience pushing maven artifacts to public repos is welcome to recommend
changes that would make this possible.

Karl

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 3:53 AM, Adrian Conlon <Adrian.Conlon@arup.com<mailto:Adrian.Conlon@arup.com>>