manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Paul Farrell <pfarr...@funnelback.com>
Subject Re: Manifold/Alfresco seeding and security
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2015 10:42:32 GMT
Hi all,

Hopefully this will be my only request for information today.
I’m afraid this is a bit of a newbie question but I have managed to get the Manifold UI
to now show ‘Alfresco Webscripts’ as a connector. The only bit I am missing now is to
install the AMP file in Afresco.

I realise that this is slightly outside of the Manifold remit but I wondered if anyone can
advise how I build the AMP file from the URL (https://github.com/maoo/alfresco-indexer <https://github.com/maoo/alfresco-indexer>)?
I have cloned the repository to my local drive but, having never worked with Maven, am at
a loss at how to generate the AMP file that I then need to install into Alfresco.

Many thanks,

> On 19 Oct 2015, at 17:36, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The only way you can have such a reduced list of connectors is if somebody commented
out many connectors in your connectors.xml, or removed them from the database table where
they are registered by hand.

> Karl
>

> On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 12:33 PM, Paul Farrell <pfarrell@funnelback.com <mailto:pfarrell@funnelback.com>>
wrote:
> After a good deal of time clicking around I came to the same conclusion - that there
is no way of telling from the UI!!

> Having dug a bit deeper I believe I may actually have the Alfresco WebScript connectors
installed. At least the 0.7.0 version. I notice in the ‘lib’ directory that I have ‘alfresco-indexer-webscripts-0.7.0.amp.

> Looking in the ‘connectors.xml’ file I can also see the line :
>
> <repositoryconnector name="Alfresco Webscript" class="org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.alfrescowebscript.AlfrescoConnector”/>
>
> You can imagine my excitement!
>
> The only thing I am missing is the option in the UI. When I click to create a new repo
connection I get:  CMIS, Dropbox, Generic, GoogleDrive, HDFS, Jira, Meridio, RSS, Sharepoint.

> Perhaps I am hoping for too much to hope that I can make a simple change to enable this
repo connection?

> Thanks for all the help everyone
>

>> On 19 Oct 2015, at 17:26, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com <mailto:daddywri@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Hah; there's not a way to inquire in the UI, if that's what you mean.  But if you
see "Alfresco webscript" in the list of repository connection types, you've got a version
that supports that connector.

<https://twitter.com/funnelback>

>> Funnelback UK Ltd is a limited liability company registered in England & Wales.
Registered address: Zetland House 109-123, Clifton Street, London. EC2A 4LD. Company registration
number: 07004264.

>>> On 19 Oct 2015, at 16:54, Rafa Haro <rharo@apache.org <mailto:rharo@apache.org>>
wrote:

>>> Hi Paul,
>>>
>>> All you need to do is to install this webscript <https://github.com/maoo/alfresco-indexer>
within your Alfresco instance. The connector itself is already part of the most recent versions
of ManifoldCF

>>> Cheers,
>>> Rafa
>>>
>>> On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 5:29 PM, Paul Farrell <pfarrell@funnelback.com <mailto:pfarrell@funnelback.com>>
wrote:
>>> Ok, thanks again guys.
>>>
>>> The Webscript connector it is.
>>>
>>> I realise I am asking a lot here but are there any easy-to-follow guidelines
on how to get this Webscript connector installed?  I see there is a GitHub page here (https://github.com/maoo/alfresco-webscript-manifold-connector
<https://github.com/maoo/alfresco-webscript-manifold-connector>) which discusses it
(although it directs you to a repository of files).

>>> I am just keen to make sure that any steps I follow to try and get this Webscript
connector installed and working are updated, reliable steps. I would hate to waste time with
out of date information.

>>> Thanks all

is so slow compared to other services and I've also checked that Alfresco CMIS web services
does not return change token(may be there is something that I don't know).

I would write a patch for you if alfresco supports change token property.

<mailto:daddywri@gmail.com>> şunu yazdı:
> [...]
no relation to the CMIS connector.  It requires an Alfresco webscript plugin be installed
on your Alfresco server to work, though.

just read something which may shed a little light on this. The post read that change tokens
are not passed via AtomPub connections (https://forums.alfresco.com/forum/developer-discussions/alfresco-api/cmis-change-log-token-problem-using-opencmis-03282011-1758
<https://forums.alfresco.com/forum/developer-discussions/alfresco-api/cmis-change-log-token-problem-using-opencmis-03282011-1758>).
If true, this would explain why ManifoldCF may be unable to determine a change in Alfresco.

I’m wrong):

 (or is this the same as the ‘Web Services’ connection mentioned above?)

- Twitter <https://twitter.com/funnelback>

Wales. Registered address: Zetland House 109-123, Clifton Street, London. EC2A 4LD. Company
registration number: 07004264.

Current CMIS connector reindex document if the lastest version of the document has changed,
not updated.

change when document is updated so ManifoldCF can understand that document is updated but
implementing change token property is optional.  I've checked Alfresco's CMIS web site and
seen that they didn't set the change token.

version string the connector constructs should be adequate to detect all changes.  Can you
create a ticket?  https://issues.apache.org/jira <https://issues.apache.org/jira> ,
project ManifoldCF.  Please include what version of MCF you are using here.  FWIW, this may
be in fact a bug in the Alfresco CMIS implementation, but we'll have to have some back and
forth before I can determine that for sure.

 It's the preferred way to do Alfresco indexing, although there have been issues reported
having to do with running it on some configurations of Alfresco.  I'm not entirely sure what
the problem is there; maybe a version dependency of some kind.

and index content from an Alfresco repository.

security settings, in Alfresco, is not being picked up in next Manifold crawl. As an example
I have a document ‘TestDoc1’ which has user A and B as Consumers. I run a crawl in Manifold
and it picks up the documents fine.  The security is set as expected. I then remove ‘User
A’ from the security of that document and re-run the Manifold crawl. User A can still see
the document in the local search engine.

and is therefore not refreshing it. Note that if I go into the Output Connections, edit and
save the relevant output connection and then click ‘Remove all associated documents’,
the next time I crawl, the changes are picked up. It is clear that Manifold is just not updating
whatever internal record it has for this item.