manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Shinichiro Abe <shinichiro.ab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reading and posting plain text, rather than encoded files
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2015 20:57:54 GMT
Sorry. I made a mistake. CONNECTORS-1234 is not for posting JSON files ES expected, just for
posting the content as string, not as an encoded blob.
Today ES connector is not detecting ES dedicated json files as well as Solr connector is not
detecting Solr dedicated xml/json files.

Shinichiro Abe

> 2015/08/28 5:29、Shinichiro Abe <shinichiro.abe.1@gmail.com> のメール:
>
> Hi,
>
> I’m work in progress at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CONNECTORS-1234
>
> Regards,
> Shinichiro Abe
>
>> 2015/08/28 4:47、Jeff Potts <jeffpotts01@gmail.com> のメール:
>>
>> I've spent a very short time playing with ManifoldCF. Cool project, thank you for
contributing it.

>> I can read binary files from a source repo like Alfresco 5.0.d and post them to Elasticsearch
1.7.2 successfully.

>> Now I'm wondering if the rest of my use cases can be achieved with ManifoldCF...
>>
>> Use case 1: Read JSON from a file system, post to Elasticsearch as-is
>>
>> When I tried to use the file system repository and the Elasticsearch output, I noticed
that the file is being encoded and stored in ES in the _content property. What I'd rather
do is have the file posted to ES as-is, such as if the file is already a JSON document in
the expected format for my type mapping in ES. These files are 15k to 30k of nested object
JSON.

>> Use case 2: Read JSON from Alfresco, post it to Elasticsearch along with object metadata
>>
>> In a slight twist on the first, I'd like to store JSON documents in a repository,
like Alfresco, and then read the metadata from the Alfresco object and merge it with the JSON
stored in the content and post that to Elasticsearch as a JSON string, not as an encoded blob.