manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From k...@vnc-online.de
Subject Could an authority connection that is not working clash the search
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2015 13:13:43 GMT

Hi there,

we have the following situation ...

When one of the configured authority connections does not get a
response from its service URL, the search results in a response with
an error (status 503).

What's hppening in the background:
The service URL is not reachable, being blocked by a firewall. At
client side: The Solr-XHR request is pending for long time and finally
results in a 503.

The expected behavior would be, that the search is still working and
does not show results that are protected by this authority connection
but anything else.

Currently we are starting our analysis. So far I'm interessted if this
situation is known by anybody out there and or if there are any hints
or ideas to keep the serach alive even an authority connection is not
available at search execution time.

Thanks in advance
-RĂ¼diger