manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Markus Schuch <markus_sch...@web.de>
Subject Re: Renaming Connector Classes
Date Thu, 21 May 2015 05:22:22 GMT
Hi Karl,

is it possible to update the classnames in the database for existing connections
depending on renamed classes?
It would be nice to spare the effort of recreating all the connections.

I looked into the code of the SynchronizeConnectors command and explored the API:

What about

IRepositoryConnection[] connections = connManager.getAllConnections();
connection.setClassName(mappedClass);
connManager.save(connection);

I tried it and so far it seems to work.
Do you see any pitfalls with that solution?

Regards,
Markus

*Gesendet:* Mittwoch, 20. Mai 2015 um 15:25 Uhr
*Von:* "Karl Wright" <daddywri@gmail.com>
*An:* "user@manifoldcf.apache.org" <user@manifoldcf.apache.org>
*Betreff:* Re: Renaming Connector Classes
Hi Marcus,

The name of the connector class is a key for the connection names that depended
on that class.  To rename a connection class, therefore, you need to do the
following:

(1) BEFORE renaming the class, delete all jobs and connections that refer to
that connector.
(2) UNREGISTER the connector class (there's a command-line utility for that)
(3) BUILD your new class
(4) REBUILD everything you deleted

Karl