manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MCF 2 and Solr Cloud 5
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2015 14:53:39 GMT
"When I put 'esci' as collection name I get a error.
When I put 'collection1' I get 'Connection working' and no errors in logs
but
still no docs in solr."

Hi Kamil,
Do you get the exception when you use "collection1" as the collection
name?  If not, then here's what I recommend:

(1) Look at the Solr logs.  There should be an INFO message for each
document posted.  There is a URL in the message, and a document length, and
a result.  It would be great if you could include a couple of these for us
to look at.

(2) If there are any exceptions etc. in the Solr logs, please send those
along as well.

Offhand, this sounds like documents get posted properly but then ignored by
Solr.  There are a lot of potential reasons why that could be the case.
But if the documents are getting ignored, or if Tika is not successfully
extracting data, then we should be able to figure out why based on the Solr
logs.

Thanks,
Karl