manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr indexing permissions even when disabling authorities for a repository connection
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2015 16:36:23 GMT
Hi Antonio,

A repository connector does not build its RepositoryDocument objects based
on its ManifoldCF environment.  To do that would be a challenge, and
probably would introduce dependencies we really don't want.

The access tokens themselves get qualified by the authority group name by
the output connector.  It's done by calling a qualification method in
IOutputAddActivity.  For historical reasons, that method chooses to
interpret *no* authority group as meaning *no* qualification of tokens.
The historical reason is deprecated but we never changed the behavior.
Even so, you'd need to change the way the output connectors themselves
behave if you want to change this.  So it can't be done globally without
breaking backwards compatibility, until MCF 3.0.

Thanks,
Karl