manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Smitha S <Smitha_...@infosys.com>
Subject ManifoldCF Authentication
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2015 05:57:32 GMT
Hi Karl,

I have a requirement to crawl documents shared using window share and index them to solr.
The sharing permissions of window share decides which user can access documents. The window
share is under Active Directory.

I  have an web application where the search results are displayed. Currently we are handling
authentication and authorization with a DB approach.

Now we are planning to use the Authentication module of ManifoldCF to decide the access rights
of documents. Because of some client side restrictions, I cannot use Active Directory for
login into the web application. In that case, do u see any challenges in using ManifoldCF
for providing access rights for documents?

Thanks & Regards,
Smitha S

Infosys e-mail system.