manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From "Markus Schuch" <markus_sch...@web.de>
Subject Re: Document components
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2014 22:53:48 GMT
Hi Karl,

thanks for the clarification about primary document disposition.

I'm still not 100% sure if i understand the differences... i try to explain it in my own words:

noDocument() removes the document or the specified component from the output but keeps track
of the version in the status queue. The decision of not indexing the document/component is
considered persistent as long as the version string does not change.

deleteDocument() removes the document and all its components from output and the status queue.
The decision of not indexing the document will have to be made again when the document is
processed the next time (version string is irrelevant)

removeDocument() removes the primary document from the output and from the status queue but
keeps components in the output. The decision of not indexing the document will have to be
made again when the document is processed the next time (version string is irrelevant)

Is this correct?

-----------------------------

An new question i have:

The scenario is indexing documents with embedded documents. The embedded documents are ingested
as components.

We assume a document with multiple components was ingested. For the next processing the version
does not change.
So the whole document should not be refetched.
But how i can prevent the deletion of the components when the document is not re-fetched?
I saw the method "retainDocument" which seems to be the way to go, but the problem is that
without fetching the document
i have no knowledge about the available components.
Is there any other way to retain all components without knowing them?

About a patch for a Test Connector:
I think i could contribute something.
Do you have general requirements/guideline for test connectors?
Are there examples of a similar test connector?

Regards,
Markus