manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: proxy settings
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2014 11:24:11 GMT
I've created ticket CONNECTORS-1104 to cover this work.  But please add as
many details as you are aware of.  If it is an authenticated proxy, for
instance, we currently could only support basic auth and NTLM, but not
really kerberos.  (There is a separate ticket for Kerberos support but that
requires a new release of HttpClient to properly be implemented.)

Thanks,
Karl

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 6:09 AM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jitu,
>
> Is this a Windows proxy?  Is it an authenticated proxy?
>
> Karl
>
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 5:07 AM, Jitu <abjitu@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Karl,
>>            Thanks for continuous support.
>>
>> The customer has several office locations in geographically distributed
>> regions. Their SharePoint server is centrally hosted in US but all other
>> offices across globe use this SharePoint. And today when they connect using
>> the browser, they set up their internet proxy(url & port) as each of these
>> offices are behind local firewall. All outgoing internet/WAN requests must
>> go through this internet proxy else it never connects to the internet.
>>
>> In nutshell, I think we need to append the HTTPProxy to the method below
>> from
>> org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.sharepoint.SharePointRepository.java
>> that build the HTTPClient to connect to the SharePoint using SOAP call at
>> line#264 to make sure the manifold can connect to the SharePoint server
>> required to be connected using internet proxy
>>
>> HttpClientBuilder builder = HttpClients.custom()
>> .setConnectionManager(connectionManager)
>> .setMaxConnTotal(1)
>> .disableAutomaticRetries()
>> .setDefaultRequestConfig(requestBuilder.build())
>> .setDefaultSocketConfig(SocketConfig.custom()
>> .setTcpNoDelay(true)
>> .setSoTimeout(socketTimeout)
>> .build())
>> .setDefaultCredentialsProvider(credentialsProvider);
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jitu
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 7:56 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Jitu,
>>>
>>> There are tons of different ways of authenticating using HTTP.  I need
>>> to know which one is being used here.  Basic auth? NTLM? Kerberos? etc.
>>>
>>> Karl

Now to