manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Jitu <abj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: proxy settings
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2014 10:07:29 GMT
Hi Karl,
           Thanks for continuous support.

The customer has several office locations in geographically distributed
regions. Their SharePoint server is centrally hosted in US but all other
offices across globe use this SharePoint. And today when they connect using
the browser, they set up their internet proxy(url & port) as each of these
offices are behind local firewall. All outgoing internet/WAN requests must
go through this internet proxy else it never connects to the internet.

In nutshell, I think we need to append the HTTPProxy to the method below
from
org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.sharepoint.SharePointRepository.java
that build the HTTPClient to connect to the SharePoint using SOAP call at
line#264 to make sure the manifold can connect to the SharePoint server
required to be connected using internet proxy

HttpClientBuilder builder = HttpClients.custom()
.setConnectionManager(connectionManager)
.setMaxConnTotal(1)
.disableAutomaticRetries()
.setDefaultRequestConfig(requestBuilder.build())
.setDefaultSocketConfig(SocketConfig.custom()
.setTcpNoDelay(true)
.setSoTimeout(socketTimeout)
.build())
.setDefaultCredentialsProvider(credentialsProvider);

Thanks,
Jitu