manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Two Active directory connections in Authority group
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2014 16:09:09 GMT
Hi Kambiz,

The Active Directory authority is not an "additive" authority, so you
cannot use it within the same authorization group with other authorities,
and expect it to work cumulatively.  The reason is that when there is a
problem (e.g. user not found or server unreachable), the authority asserts
the "DEAD_AUTHORITY" token, which effectively disables any documents from
being returned.  This is necessary whenever the repository has a security
model that has "deny" tokens, and that's the case for most repositories
secured by Active Directory.

For this reason, we long ago added the ability to have multiple Active
Directory domains within the same Active Directory authority.  This is what
you should use, since it will behave in the manner you expect.

Thanks,
Karl