manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JDBC Repository Connector + Access Token Question
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2014 16:55:02 GMT
Hi Alejandro,

The reason you are confused about document security in JDBC is because,
heretofore, nobody has implemented document security using JDBC.  We've
been waiting for quite a while for a user who needs this functionality, so
that we develop it properly.

If you are hoping to get security tokens from each document row in the
database, then we should talk further and I will develop a patch for you
that works in a way that is consistent with your problem.  I've created a
ticket, CONNECTORS-1089, for tracking work on this feature.

For a start, can you let me know the following:

(a) What authority(s) do you hope to use to secure JDBC-based document
content?
(b) Do you need support for both "allow" and "deny" ACLs?
(c) Are there multiple levels of ACL required (e.g. document, folder,
share)?
(d) What is your preferred schema for access tokens in the database?  a
joined table, or a delimiter-separated list?

Thanks,
Karl