manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Jan Kossow <J.Kos...@desma.de>
Subject AW: Issue with windows share access rights
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2014 13:10:38 GMT
Hi Karl,

thanks for your quick reply. Seems you’re right. After turning on connectors DEBUG I get
the following in the logs when using the user solrindexer:

WARN 2014-10-16 14:48:38,121 (Worker thread '93') - JCIFS: Possibly transient exception detected
on attempt 1 while getting share security: Access is denied.
jcifs.smb.SmbException: Access is denied.
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.getShareSecurity(SmbFile.java:2945)
        at org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.sharedrive.SharedDriveConnector.getFileShareSecurity(SharedDriveConnector.java:2564)
        at org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.sharedrive.SharedDriveConnector.describeDocumentSecurity(SharedDriveConnector.java:1082)
        at org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.sharedrive.SharedDriveConnector.getDocumentVersions(SharedDriveConnector.java:572)
        at org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.system.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:327)
WARN 2014-10-16 14:48:38,121 (Worker thread '12') - JCIFS: Possibly transient exception detected
on attempt 3 while getting share security: Access is denied.
jcifs.smb.SmbException: Access is denied.
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.getShareSecurity(SmbFile.java:2945)
        at org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.sharedrive.SharedDriveConnector.getFileShareSecurity(SharedDriveConnector.java:2564)
        at org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.sharedrive.SharedDriveConnector.describeDocumentSecurity(SharedDriveConnector.java:1082)
        at org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.sharedrive.SharedDriveConnector.getDocumentVersions(SharedDriveConnector.java:572)
        at org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.system.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:327)
WARN 2014-10-16 14:48:38,121 (Worker thread '12') - JCIFS: Access exception when getting document
version for smb://archiv/Archiv_IT/… – skipping

So, how to handle this? I would prefer to use a user without domain admin rights for crawling
the shares. I tried to setup a local user with admin rights directly on the NAS and use this
one but this doesn’t seem to work. I always get an authorization exception.

Jan