manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: regarding crawl parameters
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2014 22:09:29 GMT
Hi Jitu,

SharePoint does not provide a way to crawl documents by date range, so all
documents will need to be crawled regardless of any date range requirement,
and then filtered.

So at this point it is important to ask the client if their requirement's
purpose is to save crawling load on the server, because if it is, you won't
get much savings.  But if the client wants this feature for other reasons,
we can support it with some work.

Please open a ticket if you find that the client has a legitimate reason
for this requirement.

Karl

Sent from my Windows Phone
------------------------------
From: Jitu
Sent: 10/3/2014 4:22 PM
To: user@manifoldcf.apache.org
Subject: regarding crawl parameters

Hi Karl,

 Thanks for your continuous support. we have a requirement from our client
to crawl files which are created/modified in last one month or 2 months
from share point server and that parameter should be configurable in gui.
we are using manifoldcf 1.7 version. Is there a way to achieve this. Please
help.

Thanks,
Jitu