manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: User Mapping Connection
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2014 14:20:23 GMT
Hi Luca,

User name mapping is useful only in the context of document authorization.
>From your description of the problem, that has nothing to do at all with
the actual problem you have, which, if I may restate, is to map the URL of
a crawled Web document from its original form to a new form, where there
are no trailing "/" characters.

To do what you are looking to do, you do not need any authority groups or
authorities.  But you do need some facility for mapping URLs, either in the
web connector itself, or in the solr connector, or possibly in a
transformation connector.  Unfortunately, no such support exists in
ManifoldCF at this time; something would need to be developed.  You are
free to create a ticket for this work, which I think would best be modeled
as a transformation connector.

Thanks,
Karl