manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Paul Boichat <paul.boic...@exonar.com>
Subject Re: Apache ManifoldCF Performance
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2014 15:34:31 GMT
Thanks - we've pulled down the branch and will test the changes. It looks
like a branch of 1.7 so it's going to take us a little while to test. We
need to migrate our connectors (there's some deprecated stuff that's now
been cleared in 1.7 .eg. getShareACL) and we'll need to patch the database
to include the pipeline and any other schema changes. We'll have some
environment contention over the next week as our performance test
environment needs to remain on 1.6.1 while we test a release. Once that's
clear I'll move to 1.7

On the database schema patch moving from 1.6.1 to 1.7 - is there a simple
way to migrate and existing database?

Thanks,

Paul

VP Engineering,
Exonar Ltd

T: +44 7940 567724

twitter:@exonarco @pboichat
W: http://www.exonar.com
Nothing is secure. Now what? Exonar Raven <http://video.exonar.com/>

Exonar Limited, registered in the UK, registration number 06439969 at 14
West Mills, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 5HG
DISCLAIMER: This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and
are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.
Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Exonar Ltd. If you are not the intended
recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its
contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you
believe you have received this email in error.

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 1:27 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> That comes back immediately with 10001 rows:
>>
>> explain analyze SELECT count(*) FROM (SELECT 'x' FROM jobqueue LIMIT
>> 10001) t;
>>
>> QUERY PLAN
>>

>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> ----------------------------------
>>  Aggregate  (cost=544.08..544.09 rows=1 width=0) (actual
>> time=9.125..9.125 rows=1 loops=1)
>>    ->  Limit  (cost=0.00..419.07 rows=10001 width=0) (actual
>> time=0.033..6.945 rows=10001 loops=1)
>>          ->  Index Only Scan using jobqueue_pkey on jobqueue
>> (cost=0.00..431189.31 rows=10290271 width=0) (actual time
>> =0.031..3.257 rows=10001 loops=1)
>>                Heap Fetches: 725
>>  Total runtime: 9.157 ms
>> (5 rows)
>>

>> Whereas:
>>
>> explain analyze SELECT count(*) FROM jobqueue limit 10001;
>>
>> QUERY PLAN
>>

>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>  Limit  (cost=456922.99..456923.00 rows=1 width=0) (actual
>> time=5225.107..5225.109 rows=1 loops=1)
>>    ->  Aggregate  (cost=456922.99..456923.00 rows=1 width=0) (actual
>> time=5225.105..5225.106 rows=1 loops=1)
>>          ->  Index Only Scan using jobqueue_pkey on jobqueue
>> (cost=0.00..431197.31 rows=10290271 width=0) (actual time
>> =0.108..3090.848 rows=10370209 loops=1)
>>                Heap Fetches: 684297
>>  Total runtime: 5225.151 ms
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Paul
>>

>> VP Engineering,
>> Exonar Ltd
>>
>> T: +44 7940 567724
>>
>> twitter:@exonarco @pboichat
>> W: http://www.exonar.com
>> Nothing is secure. Now what? Exonar Raven <http://video.exonar.com/>
>>
>> Exonar Limited, registered in the UK, registration number 06439969 at 14
>> West Mills, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 5HG
>> DISCLAIMER: This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and
>> are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.
>> Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not
>> necessarily represent those of Exonar Ltd. If you are not the intended
>> recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its
>> contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if
>> you believe you have received this email in error.
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 12:25 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Paul,
>>>
>>> Could you try this query on your database please and tell me if it
>>> executes promptly:
>>>
>>> SELECT count(*) FROM (SELECT 'x' FROM jobqueue LIMIT 10001) t
>>>

>>> I vaguely remember that I had to change the form of this query in order
>>> to support MySQL -- but first let's see if this helps.

AND

FROM

IN

I'll