manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Basso Luca <LBa...@Regione.Emilia-Romagna.it>
Subject R: User Mapping Connection
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2014 10:05:00 GMT
Hi Karl,
we really need such URL Mapping facility.
We also strongly believe that it could be very useful for the whole community,
so we are going to create a ticket for that.
Nevertheless our main concern is about the timeline: which is your estimate about
a possible release date for the facility at issue?

Thank,
Luca

Da: Karl Wright [mailto:daddywri@gmail.com]
Inviato: giovedì 4 settembre 2014 16:20
A: user@manifoldcf.apache.org
Oggetto: Re: User Mapping Connection

Hi Luca,
User name mapping is useful only in the context of document authorization.  From your description
of the problem, that has nothing to do at all with the actual problem you have, which, if
I may restate, is to map the URL of a crawled Web document from its original form to a new
form, where there are no trailing "/" characters.
To do what you are looking to do, you do not need any authority groups or authorities.  But
you do need some facility for mapping URLs, either in the web connector itself, or in the
solr connector, or possibly in a transformation connector.  Unfortunately, no such support
exists in ManifoldCF at this time; something would need to be developed.  You are free to
create a ticket for this work, which I think would best be modeled as a transformation connector.

Thanks,
Karl

On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 10:09 AM, Basso Luca <LBasso@regione.emilia-romagna.it<mailto:LBasso@regione.emilia-romagna.it>>