manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Jens Jahnke <j...@wegtam.com>
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2014 07:26:42 GMT
Hi,

I'm new to manifold and I try to index some stuff from a mysql db via
jdbc into an elasticsearch index.

So far I've used the simple mapping example from the user docs for
elasticsearch and I've the following query for data collection:

SELECT id AS $(IDCOLUMN),
CONCAT("http://my.base.url/show.html?record=", id) AS $(URLCOLUMN),
CONCAT(name, " ", description, " ", what_ever) AS $(DATACOLUMN)
FROM accounts WHERE id IN $(IDLIST)

If I run the indexing job the data is fetched from the db and stored
into elasticsearch. But I've noticed 2 things:

1. The actual content field in the mapping is base64 encoded and
therefore not searchable?

2. If I do a base64decode on the content field then I see that it the
value from URLCOLUMN but not the one from DATACOLUMN.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Regards,

Jens

--