manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From lalit jangra <lalit.j.jan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache ManifoldCF job stuck up
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2014 21:58:17 GMT
Thanks Karl,

Indeed i really appreciate your help and promptness.

I tried the way you suggest and below are results.

1. Took a fresh MCF, started it using start.jar under dist/example using
jetty.
2. Under multiprocess-file-example, initialized DB & started agent using
.start-agents.sh.
3. Created all connection and jobs. Started job & it worked fine.
4. Next i shutdown jetty as started in step1.
5. Setup a fresh tomcat and pointed to
multiprocess-file-example/properties.xml in its setenv.sh using MCF_HOME.
6. Started tomcat & deployed all but combined war.
7. Accessed mcf-crawler-ui war & accessed job.
8. On Job tab i get connection refused error.
9. If i start DB using ./start-databse.sh, i get "Error getting
connection:invalid authorization exception-not found:manifoldcf" message.

Really embarrassing for me as its not working.

Regards.

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 6:52 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Lalit,
>
> Since I'm quite busy at work today, can you do the following:
>
> - Start with a fresh build of MCF
> - Go to the multiprocess-file example and start that in Jetty, with NO
> changes
> - If that doesn't work, open a ticket.  If that DOES work, proceed as
> follows:
> - Shut down the webapps process in the example
> - Set up a fresh tomcat instance
> - Configure tomcat to point to the multiprocess-file example
> properties.xml.
> - Deploy the wars to that tomcat (except combined war)
> - Once again, try your job.  Let me know the result.
>
> Thanks,
> Karl
>

> On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 1:47 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi lalit,
>>
>> I don't see anything wrong with your environment.  I suspect your
>> configuration is what is wrong.
>>
>> Karl
>>

>> On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 1:46 PM, lalit jangra <lalit.j.jangra@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Karl,
>>>
>>> I agree with you. I am using Red Hat 6.4 with Postgres 9.2 & tomcat 7.
>>>
>>> Can this be an issue ?
>>>
>>> Regards.

Jetty

If i

not make much sense.  Can

i could see it

dist/example
 Open the UI, create the
it work for you?

<

time i am starting
I created output connection,
when i start my job, it does not go

Wright <

agents process at the same
the agents process.

jangra <

a new MCF 1.5.1 instance,
it and pointed to local postgresql DB in
Then i tool a brand new
in it in setenv.sh for properties.xml using
argument and deployed mcf-combined.war

./initialize.sh command & the
./start-agents.sh command under
got the error, even when tomcat is not

> [...]