manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Query in Sharepoint connector
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2014 16:32:33 GMT
Hi Ameya,

The ability to parse Microsoft's special 8601 dates is in fact already
there.  So what might be happening is a timezone issue, since the timezone
is not being explicitly set during parsing.  Printing the value of
modifiedDateValue will show us if that is indeed the problem.

Karl

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 12:19 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ameya,
>
> Try printing "modifiedDateValue", in addition to printing "modifiedDate".
> The parsed form is a date object, not a string.
>
> Karl
>

> On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 11:20 AM, Ameya Aware <ameya.aware@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Ok.
>>
>> But created date for all files is coming good.
>> Also,
>>

>> if (modifyDate != null)
>>                 {
>>                   // Item has a modified date, so we presume it exists
>>                   Date modifiedDateValue =
>> DateParser.parseISO8601Date(modifiedDate);
>>                   Date createdDateValue =
>> DateParser.parseISO8601Date(createdDate);
>>
>>                   System.out.println("Modified date string is:
>> '"+modifiedDate+"'");
>>                   System.out.println("Modify Date:" + modifyDate);
>>

>> <<<<<<<<
>>
>> Above code prints out correct date even after parsing.
>> So is the issue coming after this step??
>>
>> I am using Sharepoint 2010.
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Ameya
>>

>> On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 11:10 AM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, well SharePoint claims these dates are ISO8601 dates, but they are
>>> clearly not in this case.  Here are the tests for 8601 dates in the MCF
>>> core code:
>>>

>>>     Date d = DateParser.parseISO8601Date("96-11-15T01:32:33.344GMT");
>>>     assertNotNull(d);
>>>     d = DateParser.parseISO8601Date("2012-11-15T01:32:33.344Z");
>>>     assertNotNull(d);
>>>     d = DateParser.parseISO8601Date("2012-11-15T01:32:33Z");
>>>     assertNotNull(d);
>>>     d = DateParser.parseISO8601Date("2012-11-15T01:32:33+0100");
>>>     assertNotNull(d);
>>>     d = DateParser.parseISO8601Date("2012-11-15T01:32:33-03:00");
>>>     assertNotNull(d);
>>>     d = DateParser.parseISO8601Date("2012-11-15T01:32:33GMT-03:00");
>>>     assertNotNull(d);
>>>     d = DateParser.parseISO8601Date("2012-11-15T01:32:33.001-04:00");
>>>     assertNotNull(d);
>>> <<<<<<
>>>
>>> You will note that there is supposed to be a "T" and a timezone in an
>>> ISO-8601 date.
>>>
>>> What version of SharePoint are you using, and what is the locale
>>> settings for the server that your SharePoint is running on?
>>>
>>> Karl

 Can you tell me what kind
 Eg documents, list items,

if it satisfies