manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about using ManifolfCF Repository Connectors
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2014 21:16:39 GMT
Hi Prasad,

Re: the scanOnly flag: Technically it is up to your connector to determine
how to use this flag.  It is set when the document has not changed from the
previous run.

The flag was originally added to help support chained models before
explicit CHAINED model choices were implemented in the framework.  For
chained models, discovery would not necessarily work correctly unless all
references could be rediscovered at all times.  In MCF 1.7, all of this
will be deprecated, and the getDocumentVersions() and processDocuments()
methods are in fact merged into one method, and an IProcessActivity method
is provided to check for differences from the previous indexing.

Hope this answers your question.

Karl