manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error : "The specified network name is no longer available"
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2014 18:29:08 GMT
Hi Ameya,
If you will note, this error occurs only on very very large files.  I
therefore suggest you examine the Solr logs.  I suspect that the problem is
one of two issues:

(1) Solr is rejecting the document because of its size.  Solr has a maximum
document size, which is configurable, but which is I believe initially set
to something like 5 megabytes.

(2) Solr is running out of memory.  Documents posted to Solr don't go into
a disk file; rather, they go into memory.  So if your memory is not big
enough, Solr will get an out-of-memory exception and fail on large
documents.

The solution to the first problem is probably to adjust the threshold in
solrconfig.xml.  The solution to the second problem (and something you
should seriously consider anyhow) is limiting the maximum document size
ManifoldCF will attempt to send to Solr in the job configuration.  You
should also consider not indexing very large documents like movies that
don't have content.

Karl