manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache ManifoldCF job stuck up
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2014 15:02:16 GMT
Hi Lalit,

In theory the combined war will run with external locking, it's just that
nobody ever thought that would be how people would use it, and therefore it
hasn't been tested etc.

I would suggest that for a development setup, you use the Jetty simple
example.  For a production setup, you should adopt the standard distributed
arrangement as follows:

- a deployed mcf-crawler-ui war
- a deployed mcf-authority-service war
- an (optional) deployed mcf-api-service war
- one or more agents processes

This is how it is done in both kinds of multiprocess examples, and is
described thoroughly in the how-to-build-and-deploy document online.

Thanks,
Karl

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 10:56 AM, lalit jangra <lalit.j.jangra@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Karl,
>
> My idea was as its name suggests mcf-combined-war as i was trying to take
> advantage of agent process inside war. My assumption is wrong here as i can
> see here.
>
> In this case, which war should i use - mcf-crawler-ui.war? If i use this
> or any of other wars, then should i start agent process?
>
> Please suggest.
>
> Regards.
>

> On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 3:48 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Lalit,
>>
>> Probably it is not a database issue, but how locking is configured.
>> Typically the combined war is run in a non-clustered environment with no
>> external synchronization required (as it is in the example I pointed you
>> at).  We don't currently have an example that uses combined war with
>> external locking -- that would not make much sense.  Can you tell me why
>> you are trying to do it that way?
>>
>> Karl
>>

>> On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 10:46 AM, lalit jangra <lalit.j.jangra@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Karl,
>>>
>>> if i try ./start-combined.sh, the job runs and i could see it finishing
>>> gracefully with updating index in solr.
>>>
>>> I assume there is some DB issue here? Any suggestions?
>>>
>>> Regards.

A.

Service

Service