manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From lalit jangra <lalit.j.jan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to check Sharepoint ACLs into Solr using MCF 1.5.1.
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2014 09:24:30 GMT
Thanks Karl,

Sadly this confirms that neither CMIS nor Alfresco connectors support ACL
indexing and storage. I checked into Alfresco connector code but nothing
has been mentioned about ACL indexing & storage.

Next alfresco does support REST based API very well and infact REST is used
in Alfresco all over the place. So we can definitely write some better
stuff here. For documentation around REST usage in alfresco, please refer
to below URLs. Latest version of alfresco is 4.2 and a lot has been changed
into it for almost everything to make things simpler and efficient.

http://docs.alfresco.com/4.0/concepts/API-intro-4.html
http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/Repository_RESTful_API_Reference

These pretty much cover features provided by REST into alfresco and we can
definitely start from here & do let me know for any more documentation.
Every alfresco instance supports REST based processing so testing REST is
not a tedious task.

In the meantime i am checking GitHub to find if something is already
available.

Regards.

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 9:50 AM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Lalit,
>
> The best way to start is to describe the Alfresco server you are trying to
> crawl.  What version?  It matters a lot, as you will read below.
>
> The Alfresco connector was originally submitted by Piergiorgio Lucidi
> under the direction of SourceSense.  My understanding is that he had no
> trouble getting access tokens with the connector, but unfortunately on the
> other end (mapping users to access tokens) the original Alfresco API's
> didn't do this.  Since then, I believe, Alfresco has completely revamped
> their API's, and they have a REST-style API available to do the job (or so
> I am told).  A company called Zaizi did some work on it and was supposed to
> contribute the updated connector, but for two releases that hasn't
> happened.  But it is possible that the connector is in GitHub somewhere?
>
> In short, Alfresco is a bit of a mess, and I would very much like to get
> it repaired to a point where it is usable fully.
>
> If your instance has the REST API, and you can provide me with the REST
> API documentation for your Alfresco instance, I am happy to set up a branch
> to build an Alfresco REST connector from scratch (provided it looks like
> everything works the way it is supposed to).  Building a connector in this
> way will take usually a couple of weeks, and you MUST have access to the
> instance you are trying to crawl, and be willing to test the connector
> against it and reiterate.  There is a chance we'd fail, but with the
> documentation available in advance, the chances of that would be low.
>
> Thoughts?
> Karl
>

> On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 1:58 AM, lalit jangra <lalit.j.jangra@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Karl,
>>
>> So its a show stopper now.
>>
>> As a fallback mechanism, i am looking for alfresco only connector for ACL
>> storing mechanism but can you confirm if alfresco specific connector
>> supports this feature or not.
>>
>> And finally if no all the ways, what would be the optimum way to start
>> implementing the same.
>>
>> Regards.
>>

>> On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 12:47 AM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Lalit,
>>>
>>> CMIS does not give a way for a user to query for ACLs, so repository
>>> document security is not supported for that connector.  Documents indexed
>>> by CMIS are thus "wide open" and will not be restricted from being
>>> searchable by anybody.
>>>
>>> This is, unfortunately, a limitation of CMIS -- at least, CMIS at the
>>> time the connector was implemented.  Feel free to submit patches to add
>>> security to the connector if the spec has evolved to the point where it is
>>> possible.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Karl

 So