manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to check Sharepoint ACLs into Solr using MCF 1.5.1.
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2014 16:13:30 GMT
Hi Lalit,

You always use the Active Directory authority for Windows shared drive
authorization.  But you do not for SharePoint; you typically use
SharePoint/Native and SharePoint/AD.  You therefore should have a second
authority group for SharePoint that is distinct from the one for Windows.

Each access token is qualified with the name of the ManifoldCF authority
group, so there is never any chance that they will collide.  So it is
perfectly fine to have multiple authority groups in a single installation,
in fact we'd expect you to.

As for the Solr plugin, you can either download it here:

http://manifoldcf.apache.org/en_US/download.html

... or you will find that it is there in the bin distribution already,
under the "integration" directory.  Please have a look and read the README.

Karl

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 11:41 AM, lalit jangra <lalit.j.jangra@gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
>
> Also by Solr Plugin, is it a jar or connector which needs to be placed
> inside solr application server or is it that i need to write custom code to
> make search query permission aware?
>
> Can you please guide?
>
> Regards.
>

> On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 1:59 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Lalit,
>>
>> (1) You need first to specify "SharePoint Native" as the authority type
>> in your SharePoint repository connection.  You'd use "Active directory" as
>> the authority type only if you were using the "Active directory"
>> authority.  To be precise:
>>
>> - If you are using "SharePoint/Native", "SharePoint/AD", or any
>> combination of these for your authority group, use "SharePoint native"
>> authority type
>> - If you are using "Active Directory", use "Active directory" as your
>> authority type
>>
>> (2) You should see acl information get posted to Solr if you have
>> everything configured right.
>> (3) On the Solr side, you need to install and configure the appropriate
>> Solr plugin.  Each plugin comes with a README, which describes how to set
>> up the schema on Solr to support security.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Karl
>>

>> On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 8:51 AM, lalit jangra <lalit.j.jangra@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am working on Apache MCF 1.5.1 indexing Sharepoint 2010 repository
>>> storing index in Solr 4.6.
>>>
>>> For permissions, i followed below steps.
>>>
>>> 1. Created a new authority group called "SharePoint Group" in MCF.
>>> 2. Created a new User Mapping connection called "SharePoint User
>>> Mapping" using authority group "SharePoint Group" in step 1. For user
>>> mapping, i used "Regular Expression" mapping and used default
>>> expressions.When i save it, it says "Connection Working".
>>> 3. Created a new Authority connection called "SharePoint Authority
>>> Connection" and using "SharePoint Group"as in step1 as authority group
>>> type, using "SharePoint User Mapping" as prerequisite, using my own domain
>>> controller and other related details. When i save it, it says "Connection
>>> Working".
>>>
>>> Next i have created a new repository connection for SharePoint called
>>> "SharePoint Connection" selecting authority group called "SharePoint
>>> Group"  from pull down list ,  providing all relevant details for server ,
>>> and choosing authority type as "Active Directory". On saving, it worked
>>> fine without any error.
>>>
>>> Finally i created a new SharePoint job providing following details.
>>> 1. Connections : repository connection as "SharePoint Connection" and
>>> output connection as "Solr Connection".
>>>  2. Choosing paths for document library, shared documents, announcements
>>> & lists.
>>> 3. Selecting all metadata in metadata tab selecting all metadata.
>>> 4. Mapped required metadata fields to solr schema fields.