manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Manifoldcf sharepoint connecyor
Date Tue, 20 May 2014 15:39:15 GMT
Hi Babita,

Here is the pertinent stack trace:

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
org.apache.commons.discovery.DiscoveryException: Class
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SLF4JLogFactory does not implement
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory
    at
org.apache.commons.discovery.tools.ClassUtils.verifyAncestory(ClassUtils.java:178)
    at
org.apache.commons.discovery.tools.SPInterface.verifyAncestory(SPInterface.java:258)
    at
org.apache.commons.discovery.tools.SPInterface.newInstance(SPInterface.java:246)
    at
org.apache.commons.discovery.tools.DiscoverClass.newInstance(DiscoverClass.java:520)
    at
org.apache.commons.discovery.tools.DiscoverSingleton.find(DiscoverSingleton.java:370)
    at
org.apache.commons.discovery.tools.DiscoverSingleton.find(DiscoverSingleton.java:328)
    at
org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory$1.run(LogFactory.java:45)
    at
org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.getLogFactory(LogFactory.java:41)
    at
org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.<clinit>(LogFactory.java:33)
    at org.apache.axis.handlers.BasicHandler.<clinit>(BasicHandler.java:43)
    at org.apache.axis.client.Service.getAxisClient(Service.java:104)
    at org.apache.axis.client.Service.<init>(Service.java:144)
    at
com.microsoft.schemas.sharepoint.soap.ListsLocator.<init>(ListsLocator.java:17)
    at
org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.sharepoint.SPSProxyHelper$ListsWS.<init>(SPSProxyHelper.java:2838)
    at
org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.sharepoint.SPSProxyHelper.checkConnection(SPSProxyHelper.java:1483)
    at
org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.sharepoint.SharePointRepository.check(SharePointRepository.java:399)
    at
org.apache.jsp.viewconnection_jsp._jspService(viewconnection_jsp.java:296)
<<<<<<

It basically looks like something is broken with how logging is being
resolved in this environment.  I'll have to look into what is happening; it
may be that something recently added to the war is conflicting with Tomcat.

Karl

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 10:36 AM, Babita Bansal <babita.bansal@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Karl
>
> I did the way which you have mentioned, getting same issue, after click on
> save page doesn't displayed anything just a blank screen.
>
> attached log files of tomcat and properties.xml file.
>
> Thanks
> Babita Bansal
>

> On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 1:38 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> HI Babita,
>>
>> I would recommend keeping it as simple as possible.  I therefore
>> recommend using the single-process combined war model.  The name of the war
>> is mcf-combined-service.war, and here are the steps you will need to deploy
>> a system using it:
>>
>> (0) First, remove all the mcf web applications you've currently deployed
>> in your tomcat instance, or start with a fresh tomcat instance
>> (1) cd dist/example
>> (2) Modify properties.xml to point to your postgresql instance.  Do not
>> make any other changes.
>> (3) Modify the Tomcat startup script, or use the Tomcat service
>> administration client, to set a Java "-Dorg.apache.manifoldcf.configfile"
>> switch to point to the example's properties.xml file.  Use an absolute file
>> path.
>> (4) Start tomcat.
>> (5) Deploy and start the mcf-combined-service web application, preferably
>> using the Tomcat administration client.  The war is in dist/web/war.
>>
>> That should be all you need to do.
>>
>> Karl
>>

>> On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 8:29 AM, Babita Bansal <babita.bansal@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Karl
>>>
>>> Thanks for the update. What i am looking to achieve
>>>
>>> 1 manifoldCF setup on tomcat 7
>>> 2. manifoldCF setup for postgres database
>>> 3. manifold setup for solr
>>> 4. Alfresco connector
>>> 5. windows share
>>> 6. share point connector
>>>

>>> Could you please let me know the best package to deploy and use here?
>>> would appreciate if you could share some links.
>>>

>>> If i talked about is working mean, if i start manifold using
>>> start.jar...what jar has be be deployed on tomcat and could you please help
>>> me in setting up logger for manifold.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Babita Bansal

Just to