manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From yuvaraj ponnuswamy <yuvaraj...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re:
Date Wed, 07 May 2014 11:18:48 GMT
Ok karl,

Thanks for the information.

Thanks
P.Yuvaraj Kumar

From: Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com>
To: yuvaraj ponnuswamy <yuvaraj_p7@yahoo.co.in>
Cc: "user@manifoldcf.apache.org" <user@manifoldcf.apache.org>; "connectors-user@incubator.apache.org"
<connectors-user@incubator.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, 7 May 2014, 16:37
Subject: Re:

HI Yavaraj,

You can read about this under the SharePoint section of the user documentation: http://manifoldcf.apache.org/release/trunk/en_US/end-user-documentation.html

In a nutshell, these are the steps:

- You need BOTH authority types (SharePoint/Native and SharePoint/ActiveDirectory) in one
Authority Group
- Make sure you select "Native" as the authority type in you SharePoint repository connection

Karl

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 6:20 AM, yuvaraj ponnuswamy <yuvaraj_p7@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

Hi Karl,

>I am currently using the MCF to connect to sharepoint as the repository connector and
Solr as the output connector.

>I have configured the both connectors and it is working fine indexing the documents from
share point to Solr for the share point site having windows authentication.

>But When do the same configuration for the Share Point site which is having the Claims
Based Authentications with kerberos(Active Directory), it is not working.

>Please let me know if i need to do additional configurations like Authority Connections
for the same.

>Also please let me know what kind of Authority Connection Type should I use.
>
>Microsoft SharePoint ActiveDirectory Authority Connection or
>
>Microsoft SharePoint Native Authority Connection
>
>Also what we have specify in the Authority Group configurations, is that anything related
to AD/Sharepoint Group name

>Please let me know your imputs on this.
>

>Thanks
>P.Yuvaraj Kumar

I am using the Share Point 2010 and also the MCF v1.6